We were taken by surprise by your enthusiastic response to our Christmas Stollen! We can only make so much at a time because we are a tiny bakery, so we quickly sold out for the Dec 16 delivery day.
But we know many of you, especially those of you in Lexington, never had a chance to order, so we want to offer it again. Please remember that quantities are still limited! We will also bring cookies and a small amount of stollen to the RVCC and Charlottesville markets on Dec 16, so get there early if you missed out on this weekend’s round of ordering.
Next week, the pickup dates and locations are:
- Wednesday Dec 20: A private house near Rte. 11 and Ross Road, Lexington, VA
- Saturday Dec 23: Charlottesville City Market
Please see below for the full menu and ordering instructions.
SPECIAL HOLIDAY MENU—all orders will be packaged in a clear bag with ribbon–ready for gift-giving! Cookies are sold by the pound (see photo above for an example of 1/4 lb bag).
- Christmas Stollen (sold in 1 lb increments at $9/lb–a whole stollen is 4 lb, or $36)
- Orange-anise biscotti, with toasted almonds ($20/lb)
- Cinnamon-almond stars, painted with a meringue glaze ($25/lb) *gluten- and dairy-free*
- Chocolate-rye drops, with smoked salt ($20/lb) *wheat-free*
- Gingerbread snowflakes with bourbon glaze ($20/lb)
- Kamut shortbread with candied rosemary ($20/lb) *wheat-free*
- Kamut-hazelnut thumbprints with candied cranberry ($20/lb) *wheat-free*
- Mix of all cookies except biscotti ($20/lb)
To place your order, please email us at littlehatcreek(*at*)gmail.com with “ORDER” in the subject line, and indicate:
- When and where you want to pick up your order
- Which products you would like (including the quantity)
We will write back to confirm your order with your total. All orders will be COD, so please plan on bringing cash or check to market, or a check to Lexington when you pick up. Please note that the order deadline for all three locations is Saturday December 16. Don’t hesitate to email us with any questions you may have!
Happy holidays from our family to yours!
Heather, Ben, Sam & Hazel