UPDATE: Christmas Stollen is sold out! But we still have cookies!
There is snow on the ground, a Christmas tree in our home, and Christmas stollen in the oven! I have wanted to do holiday baking in my wood-fired oven since we built it, and this year I have finally managed to settle on six unique cookie recipes in addition to the stollen, all using organic sifted stoneground flours (except for the cinnamon stars, which are flourless!), house-candied fruit and herbs, and oven-toasted nuts. The stollen occupies the territory between a bread and a cake, and is made with both a sourdough and a biga preferment for flavor and structure. It is flavored with candied orange and lemon peel, almonds, and raisins. We think both the stollen and cookies are extra-special, and we want to share them with you, so we are taking pre-orders for delivery Saturday Dec 16, 2017 to the Charlottesville Market and the RVCC market. I will make cookies again next week, but this is the only week I will be making stollen, so get it while it lasts! Speaking of next week, we will be taking another round of orders for delivery on Saturday Dec 22, 2017, so keep an eye on this page!
IMPORTANT: If you have already placed an order at market there is no need to contact us again unless you have not received a confirmation email.
SPECIAL HOLIDAY MENU—all orders will be packaged in a clear bag with ribbon–ready for gift-giving! Cookies are sold by the pound (see photo below for an example of 1/4 lb bag).
- THIS WEEK ONLY: Christmas Stollen (sold in 1 lb increments at $9/lb–a whole stollen is 4 lb, or $36)–SOLD OUT
- Orange-anise biscotti, with toasted almonds ($20/lb)
- Cinnamon-almond stars, painted with a meringue glaze ($25/lb) *gluten- and dairy-free*
- Chocolate-rye drops, with smoked salt ($20/lb) *wheat-free*
- Gingerbread snowflakes with bourbon glaze ($20/lb)
- Kamut shortbread with candied rosemary ($20/lb) *wheat-free*
- Kamut-hazelnut thumbprints with candied cranberry ($20/lb) *wheat-free*
- Mix of all cookies except biscotti ($20/lb)
NEXT WEEK, watch this site for another set of orders for delivery December 22, 2017!
To place your order, please email us at littlehatcreek(*at*)gmail.com with “ORDER” in the subject line, and indicate:
- Where you want to pick up your order
- Which products you would like (including the quantity)
We will write back to confirm your order with your total. All orders will be COD, so please plan on bringing cash or check to market when you pick up. Please note that the order deadline is Tuesday December 12. Don’t hesitate to email us with any questions you may have!
Happy holidays from our family to yours!
Heather, Ben, Sam & Hazel